Sunday, September 27, 2009

Love Notes

I just realized what romance is. It's finding love in the unexpected. Last weekend I was wiping the sawdust of the wood paneling of a room we were painting. Ed had gone to Lowe's to buy paint. While he was gone, I found this.


Isn't it strange how a simple expression traced in dust can leave me so profoundly grateful, happy, and even relieved. Relieved that in the midst of busyness, schedules, changes and challenges, there can--and should be--romance. It's the best love note I've ever received.





There are many ways to say I love you.
by Mister Rogers

There are many ways to say I love you.
There are many ways to say I care about you.
Many ways, many ways,
Many ways to say I love you.
There's the singing way to say I love you.
There's the singing something someone really likes to hear.
The singing way, the singing way,
The singing way to say I love you.
Cleaning up a room can say I love you.
Hanging up a coat before you're asked to.
Drawing special pictures for the holidays
And making plays.
You'll find many ways to say I love you.
You'll find many ways to understand what love is.
Many ways, many ways,
Many ways to say I love you.
Singing, cleaning, drawing, being understanding,
Love you.

8 comments:

Chels said...

Awe - how tender. :)

Brenda Fisher said...

He's a keeper for sure!

Jessica said...

Awe...that is so sweet. Way to go Ed! And, you deserve it Cathy!

amanda said...

that is so so precious. i love it.

Unknown said...

What a sweet post! You've got a good hubby....and he's got a good wife! :)

Paris Lover said...

Way to go ED!!! :)

Laura Chamberlain said...

I like the "eating" way to say I love you! Wow, I must REALLY love you!

Sarah said...

So, so, so sweet.