Tuesday, February 9, 2010

While you were blogging

To the four people who read my blog and have been missing my world-class posts and biting humor, here's a taste of what I've been up to these days.

I've been cleaning up this:

And this:

And this:


And this:
(Jane trying to put toast in the CD changer)

And this:

Not pictured because I was laughing or crying or curled up in a ball in my closet: Jane climbing onto the countertop and walking along the edge, Jane eating half a cake layer I had baked for someone, Jane learning how to climb on the oven drawer and pull open the oven door (whee!), Jane throwing towels into the bath water, Jane plunging her fingers through the fondant of a fully decoated cake, Jane unwrapping an entire package of pantyliners (each one is like a little present with a sticker inside!), Jane climbing into the bath with her clothes on, and Jane "rearranging" all of the following: the bookshelf, cd cabinet, dishes, clothes drawer, household chemicals, baking pans, garbage bin contents, makeup drawer, filing cabinet, etc.

Share how this makes me feel? Okay.

5% I'm going Thelma and Louise
15% I hate me life
22% I love my life
58% Profoundly grateful

6 comments:

Carrie said...

ha ha! gotta love Jane and gotta love her mama! I'll admit, the Nestle Quick powder picture made me cringe because I know how hard that is to clean up! Hang in there, woman!

I've been thinking about this: On my oven, if it's baking something and I lock it, the oven turns off. Don't you think we should be able to lock our oven doors shut while they are hot to protect the kiddos? Just a thought.

Jessica said...

Love the potty water picture. TJ is into that particular experience also!

Steve said...

I Just love it when kids get into mischief, especially someone else's, so amusing. Aren't they Great, gotta love em.

LBass said...

I know it's hard to think of right now, but enjoy the innocence there are bigger heart aches as they grow up.

Ambyr said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I thought that my kids were busy!!! WOW JANE! She's very curious it sounds. I always tell Paityn when she does things like that "thank goodness your cute". THANK GOODNESS JANE IS SOOOOOO CUTE! Let me know if you ever need a break or anything!

Cheryl said...

Oh, do I remember those days! One of my little ones smeared shortening all over the kitchen wall. Earlier she asked for the cookies on the front I should have put it up. Did I? No. She got into it and discovered it's spread-ability.
Hang in there. :o)