Sunday, June 14, 2009

Runnin' Down a Dream

It's T-5 days until the Wasatch Back. We are team Hot Runs. Yes, you heard me. Hot Runs. We're all twelve-year-old boys. Later on we might do a little blue-darting.

My awesome brother Clark helped out with the shirt design, my cool sister Laura is tracking down van decorations (toilet plungers, bathroom signs), and my great brother Paul's company, LACO Technologies, is our proud sponsor.
I've had some adversity leading up to this race. Running is still not fun, but by gum, I'm going to do this thing.

Meanwhile, the kids have been doing some running of their own. Yep, my kids are in the track club. I'm pleasantly surprised that they don't think this is the lamest thing ever.
Here's them reluctantly posing at the track meet. Everyone gets a ribbon. I love track.
Emma prefers the field evens like high jump and softball throw. I am not allowed to watch, but I take pictures incognito.
Nice throw, Emma! 36 feet!
Beth is getting ready to run the 100-yard-dash. She's getting the stare-down of intimidation from the boy the next lane over.

Get him, Beth!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

love the track and field pictures! I also love the T-shirt designs. Hot Runs....BRILLIANT!

Jessica said...

The t-shirts look so great! You guys are going to be great! I wish I could run it too..maybe another year!

amanda said...

i love the team name... couldn't you have slyly mentioned ssa somewhere on there?

you can do it, cathy!!!! i know you'll do great.

i hated to have my parents watch me in sports events too... but that picture of beth about to run her race is so cute.

Paris Lover said...

Love your slogan! That's hilarious.

You should have taken a few t.p. rolls from our lawn, we had a few to spare. lol

You are going to have such a rewarding weekend running in that race. You'll do awesome!