Monday, March 16, 2009

All the World's a Stage. I Need an Intermission.


Emma's been rehearsing long hours for the school musical Doo Wop Wed Widing Hood. The performance was a few nights ago and it was amazing. It was quite a site to see dozens of grade-school kids singing and dancing to some great choreography, to say nothing of the funny script.

Emma's role was a narrator, but she has a lot of lines and actually controlled the action with a fake "remote control". I'm so proud of Emma, who definitely has the "performance" gene from Ed's side of the family.

Emma also played her last Jr. Jazz basketball game last weekend. She has come so far and is a good competitor. (That must be from my side of the family. Rip her head off, Emma!) Her team won a majority of their games and did a great job on their last game.


(Would have won if the other team hadn't, well, cheated. It's so funny how all is fine and well until the mean girl from the other team starts getting rough and breaking rules and then the mommy bear claws come out and I start making plans to run them down in the parking lot in my white minivan. Glad to get that off my chest. I'm okay now.)

In the mean time, Ed and Beth had a daddy-daughter excursion to a U of U basketball game. They had a great time and we even won. Go Utes! 



Beth has also been swimming hard in the swim team's "pre-comp" program, which is like swim team with training wheels. Hopefully she'll get to participate in a swim meet soon, as she's anxious to start bringing home some ribbons. (That's my girl!)




Jane is doing great, and has decided that crawling is easier that walking. So while she can take steps, she needs to get a bit more confidence in herself before she starts walking all of the time. She also started a new "Play & Learn" preschool that is run through an early intervention program. So she gets to "play & learn" while mommy "shops & showers". It's a great arrangement.

1 comment:

amanda said...

she gets to "play & learn" while mommy "shops & showers".

hahaha... cute. Oh and I remember when I was in elementary school and played Mrs. Cratchit in the school play. I still can't believe I did that. The performing desire DEFINITELY wore off. Now I'm way too shy to do anything like that. I hope Emma holds onto her performing genes.