Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Iron Maiden


I'm not a runner, but I have a rich fantasy where I am one. I've been training to run in the Wasatch Back, this summer. It's a 180-mile team relay that takes place over two days. My participation garnered a confidence-boosting eyebrow raise from my doctor last week. Thanks, doc! Admittedly, training has been a lot more difficult than I imagined, but by darn I'm going to do this thing.

I don't attend the church of Oprah, but she has endorsed the Enell Sports Bra, and if Oprah loves it, and I mean she's pretty generous in the curve department, then maybe I should give it a shot. The bra is $64. So I waited, and put it off, and otherwise stayed in denial.
 
Then at the gym I had an epiphany. I was slogging along on the treadmill and I'm surround by the beautiful exercisers. You know the type. Glistening, tanned, and toned. Pastel spandex short-shorts and matching bra/top. Blonde ponytail bouncing to the beat of her pastel ipod. Meanwhile I'm chugging away with my ghetto t-shirt, red face, white legs and yoga capris. I'm sweating profusely and my hair is soaked through, and I'm adjusting my pathetic bras (Yes, bras. You women know what I mean.) I'm thinking, maybe I could change just a couple of small things. How about some cute exercise clothes? How about that cool bra?

So I get the bra. Yes, in this economy. I'm a size 1. This thrills me. I have never been a size 1, not even when I was 1. So thank you, Enell, for using small numbers and not some other humiliating sizing like: queen, ample, clydesdale, plus, husky,  or heiffer. 

It takes about five minutes to put on. There are actual instructions on how to get it on. It has 10 hooks. Ten, ten hooks! Ah ah ah ah!

It's awesome. I'm flatter than Kansas. Watch out, blonde ponytail girl. I'm coming after you.

4 comments:

amanda said...

Ten minutes to put on?! haha. I love it!

I have small boobs (must not come from the chamberlain side), which normally I wouldn't say is lucky, but it is in the excercise department. I could comfortably excercise with no bra at all.

Good job on sticking with the gym-going even surrounded by tan skinny barbies. I once read in a magazine that the number one place couples meet is at the gym (before work, school, the bar, etc.). I just can't believe it. I definitely look my worst at the gym. Definitely have never gotten hit on there.

By the way, could you email me your email address to amandagracey at gmail dot com? I thought I had yours but I guess it's Emma's. :) Jonathan writes weekly emails to compete with my blog and I'll send them along to you if you want. Love you!

Carrie said...

that is awesome! I've heard Oprah talk about this bra, it's nice to know somebody who has actually tried it. Maybe one day I'll get one...maybe one day I'll exercise! I'm sure Kansas would be proud of your chest, or lack thereof.
I don't know Amanda, but seriously? You can exercise without a bra? Heavens to murgatroid.

Jessica said...

Way to go..I bet it will be so mcuh more fun to run. Any little help in making running fun is worth it in my book! I'm still trying to find a reason to get running again!

Electrawoman said...

Praise the Lord for great support. and thank you Opera. I too envy those blonde excersise chhicks they make it look so easy damm them